The role of this position is to implement with design and guidance from Sr. Architects a platform used by Pervasive Professional Services Group. The platform will be based on SOA principles and successful candidates will at a minimum be able to discuss this type of design, the preferred candidate will have hands on experience in a SOA environment. They will also demonstrate an entrepreneurial spirit, flexibility to adapt as the project evolves, and the ability to function effectively under fast-paced development environment. This role will also interface directly with clients in both a pre-sales technical role and as a project consultant.
- Interpreting business requirements, functional specifications, and visual system designs
- Analyzing existing designs and interfaces and creating design extensions or enhancements
- Creating multi-tier designs and interface architectures with guidance from Sr. Engineers
- Creating software solutions across multi-tier environments with guidance from Sr. Engineers
- Testing software designs and solutions (including debugging and troubleshooting) and preparing environment migration documentation
- Understanding of web technologies and architectures
- Key technical skill set is strong knowledge of Java in a message based environment
- Experience with creating/consuming web services, XML, data in relational database environments
- Previous experience in customer facing technical positions preferred
- Ability to interface with clients in both pre/post sales roles to lead clients to a solution and determine requirements/implement.