Decibel (decibel45) wrote,

Is 32 hours together just one 'date'?

Spent the weekend in Houston with Heidi.

Made it out there around noon, sort-of. The plan was for us to meet near Rice. I was going to call her when I was like 45 minutes away, but I didn't have a good reference for where that would be. So I started heading towards her place. A truck decided to break down on 59 eastbound right where it was already losing a lane; so 3 lanes down to one. Anyway, finally met up somewhere in the middle.

We decided to head down to Galveston. A quick 45 minutes or so later and the NSX was across the causeway and on the island itself (and probably farther east or south than it's even been before). Heidi hadn't been down there for some time, so it took us a while to figure out where to go. Finally found the Strand district and lucked into a primo parking spot. Couldn't figure out how to make the stupid parking machine to take plastic, so we finally broke down an got change in a store. I figured they'd be pissed about giving away $5 in quarters, but they didn't care at all. Phew.

Wandered around for awhile wondering where to eat. Asked for a recommendation somewhere, but got very suspect when they mentioned Joe's Crab Shack for seafood. We ended up checking out pretty much every restraunt we could find. On the way we saw a boat doing harbor tours, with the next one at 3:30. We had about 20 minutes to kill, so headed to the bar in the restraunt next door. Damned if we didn't take too long and missed the boat. Wandered some more and saw another place doing harbor tours and decided the 7PM sunset one was the way to go. We finally ended up at a seafood place (the one closest to the cruise port). Heidi had pasta with shrimp, which was very good. I had some fish I'd never heard of before on the waiter's recommendation, which was excellent.

Wandered around some more since we still had about 1.5 hours to kill before 7PM. Made sure to make it to this boat about 10 minutes early... to find out that contrary to their sign they weren't doing a 7PM tour that day... fuckers. Wandered around a bit more until the damn mosquitos got serious, at which point we decided to head back and maybe watch the remainder of the ballgame. We ended up renting a movie (Ladder 49) instead. Lounged around until 4AM or so.

Sunday we grabbed lunch at Skeeter's (no, I'm not making that up). We were going to go for a walk around the trails by her house but her stomach ended up a bit unhappy with lunch so we ended up watching Tommy Boy and lounging the rest of the day away. Finally left around 8:30PM.

Had to be at work at 8 this morning for training on some sales techniques, which was pretty good. The instructor had a neat tool; he walked around with a pack of cards and he'd reward people for participation by giving them a card. At the end of the day whoever had the best poker hand won $20.

I intend to brew tomorrow night if anyone's interested...
  • Post a new comment


    default userpic
    When you submit the form an invisible reCAPTCHA check will be performed.
    You must follow the Privacy Policy and Google Terms of use.