The second batch (or is it third?) isn't quite ready. It's a vienna style, and it's still a bit harsh. Much better than it was on Tuesday though.
I tasted my forth batch when I racked it to the secondary fermenter. It's a wheat beer and it tastes really good. And this is from one of AHS's 'value line' recipes, too. Hard to beat $15 for 5 gallons of beer ;). No grain either, so it was a very simple beer to brew.
Tonight I brewed a pumpkin ale. If this turns out it'll be a damn miracle. First, it's supposed to be an all-grain recipe, but I converted it to malt-extract. It's also supposed to use 7-10 lbs. of whole pumpkin. I wussed out and went with 150 oz. of canned pumpkin, but I didn't think about the fact that this could be more like 15-20 lbs. of whole pumpkin.
The biggest problem though is that the pumpkin goes in the mash, which means it'll stay in the later-tun. I ended up boiling it in the wort. This made straining the wort a huge, ugly mess. Worse, I think it might be screwed up, since my original gravity reading is 1.010. Hopefully I just didn't mix it good enough.
Anyway, it'll be very interesting to say the least.